Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I actually have a free minute!

I have been incredibly busy lately. :( Between school, doctor's appointments, kids, and life in general, I have been neglecting my blog. I guess I win the bad blogger of the year award. Oh well.

So, school is great. We are almost done with our orientation semester. I cannot wait to get to the good stuff in the fall. We are done with the patient care section. Thank God! That was pretty boring, but necessary. I am doing really well in Med Term which doesn't surprise me because I have always been really good at memorizing things. We just started chest procedures, and that is what we are doing for the next 2 weeks. Then we get a 2 week break, and then get thrown right into clinicals. I cannot wait!! Did I mention that I am excited? lol.

I had my Nuclear Medicine procedure done last week. It wasn't bad at all. I even fell asleep during the scan. I had a follow up appointment with the Endocrinologist yesterday. Other than taking 2 hours, that appointment went well. All of my results were within the normal range. That was a huge relief to hear. So, for now, we aren't doing anything. My vitals are fine, so it's really not a huge deal. He wants me to go back in 3-4 weeks to have more blood work, and I will probably have to do that a couple more times because if it goes hypo, I will need to take some hormones until it levels out. He also wants me to go back for another ultrasound in 6 months to make sure the one "nodule" hasn't grown. He is very confident that it is just postpartum thyroiditis since my thyroid had actually shrunk since last time. All in all, it was GREAT news!

We went to the informational meeting on foster parenting, and learned a whole lot of stuff that I had already learned through my own research. But, we got the packet of application stuff, and the registration paper for the classes. I sent the registration for classes in today. I'm really hoping that the August classes aren't full already because they are the only ones we can go to. I know that it is way to soon to get excited, but I just can't help myself.

The future is in God's hands, and I cannot wait to see what he has in store for our family. It is all so exciting. I cannot believe all the ways that God is using me. I am still having a little trouble distinguishing between His wants and mine, but I'm getting there. I am working on leaving it all up to Him. It's really easier said than done. I know though, that if things don't work out this time, it just isn't time yet.

In other news, we bought a suburban. It's huge! I love it. The car was dying, so we decided we should replace it before it completely died on us. We worked it out so that it would work perfectly with our budget. Two days after we bought it, it started leaking water. Turns out that the radiator needed replaced. It was not something that could have been seen or prevented by the dealer. We actually had a mechanic look over it closely before we bought it. It was just pure rotten luck. The bill was $550!!! This totally didn't work with our budget at all, but we had no choice. I was not terrible stressed about it because we have been in the situation before, and I have learned that stressing does no good at all. As a matter of fact, just a couple years ago, we were barely squeaking by paycheck to paycheck, so we are very familiar with the situation we were in. There was really NO WAY we were going to make all of our bills for the month. But, when Jared went to make a payment on the suburban, he told the dealer about it, and he decided to credit our next payment take some off the total that we are paying in 3 weeks. I knew that God would work it out, but I was totally NOT expecting that. It is so awesome considering it was not the dealers fault at all, we bought it "As Is", and the general reputation of used car dealers. I would recommend him in an instant. Another "Thank you, God" moment.

Last thing, I promise! I have lost 10.4 lbs in 5 weeks!!!!!! I am totally super happy about this. I have struggled with my weight since I was 11 or 12 years old, and it has always been tough for me to lose weight. It seems to be going well this time. I am not looking forward to the dreaded plateau though. I know it is coming!

Proverbs 3:5-6

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment