Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm still alive!

So, it's been 2 weeks since my last post!! This is what always happens, I start to fizzle out. But, I am determined to keep this up this time. Life has been super crazy since I started school. With that and my thyroid thing and looking for a new vehicle and everything else, I just haven't had time.

I am loving school. It's actually a lot of fun. I really can't wait to get into the actual stuff. Right now we are just learning the equipment and patient care stuff. It's important, but not very exciting. I am taking a class online that has absolutely nothing to do with my major called Religion and Culture. I am only taking it because I needed 3 more credit hours to get my financial aid. Anyway, the prof is AWFUL!! He does not explain himself, he doesn't answer our questions, and he doesn't know how to work the online program well at all. It is really frustrating, and I am thinking about auditing it. I just don't want to end up with the financial aid problems I had the last time that I audited a class. That was uncool.

One of my friends husband is in Haiti this week. I got to hang out with her and her 4 kids on Monday, and just her 4 kids on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun. On Monday night I met one of her neighbors who is a foster mom. I talked to her a lot, and probably annoyed the crap out of her with all my questions. She was great though, and gave us a lot of useful information. I am very excited about this whole thing, and really hope that we will be allowed to do it. The only thing that would keep us from it is our income. GRRR...

We own a suburban! We decided it was time to cut ties with the malibu before it took a dump on us. It was to the point were we didn't know if it would last 6 more months or 6 more hours. So, we got $400 on trade for it, and got something that will fit all our kids plus any more that might be coming to stay with us in the future. I really like it, and Jared is thrilled because he got his truck.

As far as my thyroid goes, they ordered a thyroid uptake and scan to rule out Graves' disease. I am supposed to do that on Tuesday, but I'm not sure now since insurance is saying it is probably not a covered procedure and it costs $900-1000. I can't really afford that, so I am going to call the dr on Monday and figure out if there are any other options for me. The NP that I saw was 90% sure that it's just thyroiditis, and not Graves'. So, I don't know what to do really. I'm thinking we should just proceed like it is thyroiditis and see what happens. 

Life is good, and I can't complain. I am exhausted, but oh so blessed.

I will try to keep updated more often.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment