Saturday, June 26, 2010

My heart hurts.

For the past 2 nights, I have laid in bed at night so tired, but unable to fall asleep. Perhaps because of my recent Hyperthyroidism diagnosis, maybe not. Either way, we all know what happens when we lay awake in bed, we allow our mind to wander.

I lay there and think of all the children around the world who are going to bed hungry, cold, lonely. Instinctively this makes me feel very guilty. My mind goes especially to Haiti where I know there are children sleeping in tents. Maybe it's raining there tonight, I think. How I long to do something, but I feel so powerless. I have my prayers to offer, but sometimes that doesn't seem like enough.

I am not ignorant to the fact that there are children in similar situations here in America too. Maybe they aren't living in tents, but sometimes where they do live is much worse than a tent. How my heart longs to do something, to help in some way.

Then my mind goes to my own children just on the other side of the wall: warm, clean, feed, kissed, sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. And I thank God for everything He has given us. How blessed we are. Even when we do not realize how much we have, we have so much!

Thank you, Jesus, that I am in a country where there is opportunity.

Mark 9:37
37"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. Sometimes it so easy to forget how blessed we truly are!

    ReplyDelete